The Ithaca Swing Dance Network, ltd.,
is a not-for-profit, grassroots group run by dancers, for dancers, in Ithaca, NY, USA. We are a volunteer organization. Our efforts include:
* Sponsoring dances with live or DJ’d music
* Sponsoring classes, workshops, and performances, sometimes free to the community
* Networking with regional swing dance organizations
The ISDN holds live band dances, generally two or three per semester, during the academic year. We also have an annual day and evening of free workshops and dances in the summer, historically known as “Swingin’ on Cayuga.” And we sponsor occasional other dance events as well. For ISDN and other regional events, check our calendar. You can also subscribe to our mailing list by clicking here.
From its official birth in 1988, and its humble pre-history, the ISDN has evolved into a thriving organization that has hosted a multitude of classes, social dances, parties, and world-class guest instructors. Read more about ISDN’s history here. See a list of workshop instructors we’ve had the honor of hosting here.
How you can help:
* Volunteer! To inquire about current opportunities, send email or use the form below.
* Buy a T-shirt – enhance your dance wardrobe, or give as a gift. Click here.
* Donations, small or large, are graciously accepted to help fund our programming, including outreach events like Swingin’ On Cayuga. ISDN is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization and your donations are fully tax-deductible. You can give a check to the door person at your next ISDN event, or mail your tax-deductible contributions to us at the address at the bottom of the page. All checks should be made out to “Ithaca Swing Dance Network.”
The ISDN, Ltd., is run by a group of dedicated volunteers who meet every couple of months, typically on a Sunday, to plan future events, and make the truly important decisions about the world! In exchange for their time, volunteers receive discounts on admission to our events. Anyone who is interested in donating their time and talents, and giving something back to the dance community, is welcome to attend.
* Gretchen Herrmann, Chair & Acting Treasurer
* Kirk Smith, Vice Chair
* Rebecca Elgie, secretary
* Laure Conklin Kamp
* Melanie-Claire Mallison
* Paula Smith
* Elizabeth Kluz
Advisory Board Members (non-voting)
* Cindy Overstreet
* Diana Leigh